1.01.2012

gluten-free new year's resolution


When I started the blog this summer I gave myself license to eat more gluten-free packaged foods... to be honest, I rarely ate gluten-free bread anymore, as I'd found other options that were healthier and also easier on my wallet. 

I'm not quitting sugar, fat and carbs like most people at this time of year... but will aim to cut back on all of the xanthan gum, cellulose, corn starch etc that is often used to make gluten-free baked goods replicate "normal" baked goods.  

Nothing super virtuous - just putting more emphasis back on whole grains like quinoa, millet and buckwheat in my diet. I look forward to combining these with other nutritious ingredients to make new breakfast, lunch and side options for dinner...more fodder for future posts! 

EREQ6V9BRVD8

No comments:

Post a Comment